London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

20 Mar 2015

Organic Modalling : Finn



For our assignment, we had to model a human character. I started from the feet and worked my way up. I tryed adding in some edge loops at a time, but not too much encase it all becomes a big vertixy mess. 


To make the arms I moves the vertexes where the arm hole was and exstuded it out. I then added edge loops where I thought they where needed. 


To make the head, I exstrued up and added some devitions. I then moved the edge loops and vertaces where I thought they needed to go, and I continued to exstude up till I got to the crown. 


I also decided to make the fingers separately but splitting the face of the wrist and estuding them out. 


Once done, I whent back and moved things around to match the refrance. I then smoothed most of the mesh, and hardened the edges of the clothes and shoes.


When unwrapping it, I first looked up other character UV maps so I could get an idea of how it should look. I also tried to put the edges of the Uvs in places they would be less noticeable. Once done, I put it into Photoshop and made the texture. I used the reference image for the face, lances and t-shirt symbol. I desired to draw out the shorts design as it was difficult to aline the reference to the Uvs. This was the hardiest part as I had to make sure that the belt lined up at the edges of the Uvs.  I also had to move around the Uvs in the editor for the face so it lines up better. 





No comments:

Post a Comment