London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

21 Mar 2015

Lights Out! Concept Art


For our Games Encounters project, we have to make a flaying, shooting game. We decided to make a wire frame, data like game as it would make it easier to texture and model. I made a mood bourd just so I could get an idea of what we wanted this game to look like.

I made some basic designs for our main character, Proto and some enamnys. We wanted Proto to be a antivirus code that kills the enemy viruses. We wanted to use round, smooth shapes for proto to show hes friendly and good. I also made him look yonge to give him a feeling of inexperience. We also wanted to make the main bad guy Proto's older brother, an antivirus code gone wrong. So by making him look younger, he gives off more of a little brother feeling.
With the enamys I just tried using different shapes and colours to get different looks.




I also did some level concepts to get a better understanding of the game. This is when I realized the problem with the colours. As out game has no textures and it just black and colour, we had a very limited pallet we could actually work with. I also noticed that it was hard to make out the enamys from the background when there's to many colours.  


This was a sketch of what we wanted the menu to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment