London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

21 Mar 2015

Lights Out! Proto and PowerUp models



Even though I was in charge of code, I still had to model something, so I decided to model Proto. I used Peater's design as a template as I was modelling to make sure everything was in the right place.
In the end, it was decided to make Proro look older and bigger, so he looked more heroic then childlike.

I also tried rigging the mesh for animation. This was very tricky as I haven't rigged a person before. It took a long time to try a so the skin weights so that it would animate correctly. But it turned out that Peater needed it to be animated using a different rigging skeleton, so he took the mesh and finished the animation stuff.

I also moddled the power up items for the level. I made them very simple so that there easy to see during game play and its clear what they are and do.


No comments:

Post a Comment