London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

12 Feb 2015

Making GIFS


Using thses frames, we had to make GIFs in Photoshop. This was a basic lesson to show us how to use the animation tools in Photoshop. I had made some animations before so I found this quite simple to do. The hardiest part was trying to make the girl loop better, as if you just use each image once she looks strange. To fix this I made the waking part longer, and I revered the order of her taking out her cigarette so that she actually puts its away.


In the lesson, we had to add something to the animation, so I added a sward. In each frame I had to rotate the sward and erases parts so it goes behind her legs. Using transform tool on pixels usually deforms them, but it didn't on the sword which made it much easyer to place. Otherwise, I would have had to draw a new sward for every frame. As I finishes early, I also added a heart pin to her hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment