London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

12 Feb 2015

MudBox Patrice - Box and Dinosaur

I had never used MudBox before this lesson or any other kind of clay like modelling program, so it was quite confusing. But it was fun experimenting with the different tools, and I tried to use every tool at least once just how I had a basic understanding on what I could do.





We then had to use the default dinosaur asset to make one with  more detail. I tried working on one layer of dealing at a time, getting in the basic shapes first before I added the smaller details. Working like this took some time, especially as I was still experimenting with the tools. I mostly spent my time looking around at the others and asking them what tools they where using to get certain effects. I also made sure to use a reference to make sure I was getting the forms right.



I didn't mange to finish adding detail as I wanted to get the panting done before the lesson was over. I spent a lot of time trying out the different textures to get some scales dealing in, which I think made him look a little more complete.

In the end, I really liked how I moulded the head and lower torso part, but more dental was needed in the spikes and claws. I think I used the wrong tool to try and make the spikes on his back as they look kinda week and rounded. This could also be down to time management, as I spent a lot of time just trying things out.




No comments:

Post a Comment