London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

24 Jan 2015

SS Enterprise Maya Modelling

For this lesson we had to model the SS Enterprise using a template. The design wasn't any more complex then what we had been doing previously, The hard part was making sure the model matched the template, as before we where simply modelling by eye. 
This was tricky, mostly because the template didn't always line up on all sides, so I just had to put it where I thought it should go. I mostly used sepert meshes to make most parts of the ship and all the little details. I only really used extortions for the satellite/ray gun and the bottom of the disc part. I did this as it just seamed easier to add septet parts instead of trying to put edges in the right places for extrusion. 










No comments:

Post a Comment