London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

13 Sept 2017

Host and Battler Visual Novel

I wanted to try making a visual novel for a while now, so I used some old characters of mine to test out Renpy. This mini project was more for experimenting with the programs scripting language and getting used to putting together a visual novel.

I enjoyed making the character art and thinking about their personalities, however, I found it quite difficult writing out all the dialogue. I've always enjoyed thinking about stories, characters and plot points, but trying to write that all in a creative or interesting way is tricky. I decided to cut this project shorter then I had planned, simply as I felt the writing was taking up more time than playing around with the program was, which was the original purpose of doing this. 







No comments:

Post a Comment