London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

17 Mar 2016

New Eden Mobile: Environment Assats


For the enviroment, I wanted the assaects to look like they're part of the same world of the Pc verson, but with the simpiler design. I ended up changing the platforms to make them less copicated, but this looked too dull, so I added some carvings to the side. When doing the tree, I wanted to add vines and moss to make look less neat and more overgrown. This also helps make it look more jungaley. I desided to only model the platforms as I felt the tree might take too long as the unwrap and the texturing would be tricky. 



I still felt like the tree wasn't really fitting to the jungle theme, so I used the strangle tree idea from the PC version and worked that into this tree. I feel like this helped it look more fantasy like and exotic then the tree before. I also took off the extra vines and moss as it started to get difficult to tell the decoration apart from the inheritable parts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment