London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

23 Mar 2015

Ally way textures


We where given this alleyway and templates for the UVs so that we could give them textures. I enjoy doing texture work as its mostly about editing images which i can do pretty quickly. I also like experimenting with different layer types to get different effects. 
I added a lot of stress and age to the textures using other images of cracks and moldy concrete. Some parts like the rivets and rust I made using different brushes and layer values.  




I use the stamp tool a lot when applying textures to get rid of the hard edges of the image. It also makes the texture more random and natural.



We added the texture as a DirectX 11 Shader, but for some reason, it started to not show my texture and insted made everything black or green. So I used Lambert ones instead. It made them come out a little duller then before, but I didn't know how to fix the hypershade.

No comments:

Post a Comment