London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

13 Apr 2016

New Eden Mobile: Gui

With the emblem, I wanted to make it look specel, but I also wanted to keep it simple so it doesn't get too beusy when broken apart. I also made sure to include the blue crystels as its a fesure that ties a lot of the game's world together.

When making the stone and bait GUI, I wanted to make sure it was easy to tell what it is, so I did diffrent designs and asked diffrent people which on looked most understandable. The ones people liked the most where the ones I used for the finel GUI. The arrows where tricker to do as I needed them to fit the style of the game, as well as stand out so a player could easaly see them. I used a stone design at first, but this blended in too much with the level. Then I thoght about using the colours in Tarrin's design as they ware used so she would stand out, so it would work for the GUI aswell. At first I was going to keep it flat, but after looking at other mobile game GUI, I desided to make it look more shiney. I did this by hand at first, but when I did the rest of the gui work, I played around with the effects in photoshop and found I could make the same look but much quicker. 




To decide what found to use for the game, I layed out some different styles so I could compare them. I liked the middle left one as I felt it suited the trible side of the world, but it was a little to busy. I desided on the middle right one as it had simsiler elements, but was much simpler. I then used what I lernt from the gui to add more demention and colour to the title.



No comments:

Post a Comment