London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

27 Jan 2016

New Eden One Sheet

I desided to do the Jack of all Trades for this project as I enjoy the different parts of game designing. I also wanted to use this as a way to practice my consent art as well as my modelling. I wanted to do a simpler look for the game as it would allow for a lower poly count and I wanted to do something different from the more realistic concepts I would be making for the grope project.
I realized that doing both projects might be too much, so to save time I desided that I would make a mobile tie in to the game we were making in the gruope project. This way, once I had finished the consept art for that, I could redo the stylizing without having to come up with totally new consepts.


I made a draft one sheet so I had an idea of what I wanted to do for this game. As the PC version would take place mostly underground, I wanted this one to take place on the surface so I could show more of the world. I still wasn't sure if I wanted it to be a endless runner or a plat former, but I wanted the player to have to avoid the enemies like in the PC version. 


Once I had a more solid idea for the game macanics, I worked on the themes that would work around it. At firts I wanted the player to just gather random treasure like things, but I changed it to an impotent emblem from her tibe to make the tasks seem more dramatic. I also changed the stone enamies to animal ones as I thoght the stone ones only really make sence in the caves as they where protecting the core. Using animals also alows me to make weird alain creatures to show New Eden isn't Earth. Even though for the scren shots I will only me making on level, I wanted the game to have different arias to add variety to the landscapes, as well as lets players see more of New Eden.
I also made the target range be similer to the PC verson as players of that game would be interested in the law of this world. I also don't think a yonger adance would enjoy this game as its puzzle based and it may be too hard for them. But the look of the game would probably tern off much older players, so this game would be best suted for more casual gamers.



No comments:

Post a Comment