London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

26 Mar 2015

Lights Out! Prototype 2


For the second prototype I worked on getting the power ups to work. We wanted there to be two power ups; a shield and immunity, a one up and a enemy that slows you down. I also needed to code a one up for the health. The one up way simple, but the others took some time to do. I knew they needed to changed the verables of the player so that it moves and fires as diffrent speeds but I wasen't sure how to go about it. I first used a coruteen that starts when the player collider totches the yellow cube. This woekd with changing the verables, but it woden't stop and the player kept going slowly. I tryed fixing this is many diffrent ways, but they didn't work. We then lernt how to use enumerations to make different cases. I then switched the player controller code for a player state controller code. This changed the state the player needed to be in depending what what power up it torched and how long they last. This then acsesed the different states, which where all the same but with diffrent verables.

No comments:

Post a Comment