London based Post-graduate with a passion for games and game design!

25 Feb 2015

Felt tip Life Drawing



I wanted to try using some colour so I used some felt tip pens. Some of them had stamps on them which got me existed so I used the heart one for this drawing. I tried using the side of the stamp sometimes instead of just the whole thing to brake up the colour. I think it worked well and the whole drawing gives a sense of embarrassment or bashfulness. 


I also tried taping two colours together to make this almost old school 3D look. I think this gives the drawing body as it makes it less flat. But it was pointed out that I should try leaving move empty spaces and suggesting fomes instead out out lining everything.


For this one, I taped two felt tips together again, but I tried drawing it in a wavy, swirly style. I really line the excretion I got and it reminds me of old Japanese line art.


As I draw pretty quickly, I tried different styles with the same pose. As I used watery colours for the wavy one, I deaised to use earthy colours and do a more cubic/rigid drawing. It was very inaccurate, but I think it made a good contrast to the blue one.

No comments:

Post a Comment